- BSc – Exercise and Sport Science (Deakin University)
- Doctor of Physiotherapy (University of Melbourne)
- Currently studying a Masters of Pelvic Health (University of Melbourne)
- WHTA 5 Day Women’s Health Course
- Electrical Stimulation/TENS for the Pelvic Floor – Pelvic Floor First
- Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training – Level 1
- DMA Clincal Pilates – Craig Phillips
- Hip and Groin Assessment Workshop – Leanne Rath
- Mastering Load Symposium- Tim Gabbet, Paul Visentini and Stephen Whytcross
- Sporting Lower Limb – Craig Purdam, Andrew Wallis and Simon Kearny
- Running Biomechanics – Christian Barton
- Tendonopathy Symposium – Jill Cook, Craig Purdam, Ebany Rio and Sean Dockling
I believe in practising organic living; a life that is simple, healthful and close to nature. It was therefore a logical progression for me to become interested in exercise as a natural approach to healthy living.
This developing interest in exercise led me to study a Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science and I started out my career working as an exercise scientist. I spent several years using exercise as therapy at Cabrini Private Hospital, a rehabilitation hospital in Victoria.
After a few years of this work I developed a desire to use exercise as a tool to empower individuals to have greater control of their own health. To achieve this, and wanting to learn more about the human body and its response to injury and disease, I completed a Doctor of Physiotherapy at Melbourne University.
Upon graduating, I worked in a private practice in inner city Melbourne, where I pursued my interest in exercise by developing skills in Pilates. I then undertook further training in women’s health. I have a special interest in pre- and post-natal exercise and assisting women in the post-natal return to running/exercise.
- Pre- and post-natal exercise
- Pelvic Health
- Clinical Pilates and Yoga
- Strength and conditioning for running
- Lower limb injuries and rehabilitation after surgery
Spending time outdoors, close to nature either walking, running, or doing yoga and Pilates. I have also started a herbal tea company with my partner: State of Mind Organics.